The SYMPHASIS Foundation is an umbrella foundation based in Zurich and devoted solely to charitable purposes. It supports and encourages social, charitable, ecological, cultural, and other philanthropic projects. It has no political or religious affiliation.
MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Board of Trustees comprises representatives from various fields of expertise. It ensures that the funds donated are used in accordance with the stipulations of the donors.
- PROF. DR. FELIX GUTZWILLER Chairman Professor emeritus of Preventive Medicine, former Director of the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine at the University of Zurich, former Member of the Council of States for the Canton of Zurich
- DR. THOMAS P. GOTTSTEIN Vice Chairman CEO Credit Suisse (Switzerland) Ltd. Member of the Executive Board of Credit Suisse Group AG
- WALTER FUST Social & Humanitarian Work Former Director of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- MARIANNE KLEINER-SCHLÄPFER Social & Humanitarian Work, Culture & Sports Former National Councilor for Appenzell Ausserrhoden and former Member and President of the Government Council from Appenzell Ausserrhoden
- PROF. DR. NICOLAS MICHEL Social & Humanitarian Work Professor emeritus of International Law of the University of Geneva, legal adviser to the United Nations and the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- DR. ALEX RÜBEL Nature & Ecology Director of the Zurich Zoo, veterinarian, and former president of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA)
- MARCO SOLARI Culture & Sports President of the Locarno International Film Festival and former President of Ticino Turismo
The Foundation Office is responsible for the operational and administrative affairs of the SYMPHASIS Foundation. As part of project management, it evaluates eligible charitable projects and looks into possible partners.
Guido Braschler, Managing Director
Giovanni Peditto, Deputy Managing Director
Thomas D. Albert
SYMPHASIS Charitable Foundation
+41 44 332 14 45